Monday 25 June 2012

NOTD: Galaxy Nails!

Carrying on the theme of trying out new nail art techniques, once my lovely newspaper nails chipped I took that as a sign to move onto the next one - galaxy nails! I first saw this technique on Spellbound Nails'  blog (you can see that post here), where she had a Dr Who themed Dalek accent finger, with the rest of the nails painted in galaxy design. I instantly fell in love with it and it's been on my to do list for weeks!

As an absolute novice to galaxy nails, I watched a YouTube tutorial to get me started. If in doubt, head to YouTube!



Here are all the polishes I used, don't be put off by the vast number of them, each one only serves a minor job! 

topshop, GOSH, Barry M, Barry M nail paint, ELF, E.L.F., eyes lips face, collection 200, MUA, M.U.A.
★ From left to right: Topshop Nails in 'Gypsy Night' ★ GOSH Nail Lacquer in 'Rose' ★ Barry M Nail Paint in 'Gold' ★ E.L.F. Nail Polish in 'Twinkle' ★ Barry M Nail Paint in 'Matt White' ★ Collection 200 Maxiflex Polish in 'Electric Punk' ★ M.U.A. Nail Varnish in 'shade 04' ★            

I also used a fine nail art brush, but took the picture before I started using it - I used it to do the small and large stars that you'll see in the next pictures. This look did take just under an hour to complete, but if you have enough patience the final effect is so worth it, I can't stop looking at my nails!



Here is the finished product...


galaxy nails, galaxy print, galaxy nail art


galaxy nails, galaxy print, galaxy nail art, MUA, M.U.A.


I haven't done a tutorial on it as I followed someone elses tutorial myself! The link is at the top if you want to give it a go. Link me your nails if you decide to try it out, I'd love to see what everyone elses look like! 








35 comments:

  1. Ahh I love this, really want too try it, thanks! Come and have a look at my new Primark haul! vivalashoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really good. I'm rubbish at nails...

    X

    www.thebeauty-mix.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just watch a Youtube tutorial and you'll breeze through, that's what I do whenever I tackle a new design :)

      Delete
  3. They look amazing, I wish I could have painted nails for work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not allowed painted nails at work either, so whenever I have a few days off I always have to cram some nail art in!

      Delete
  4. This looks amazing and I may well try this for my next nail art design! I really love getting ideas for designs from other people, and this is no exception! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't take credit for it though, but whoever invented this nail design is a genius!

      Delete
  5. wow looks great! :) going to give it a try!

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. They turned out great!!! I've wanted to try this but have been scared that I would sob the minute they started chipping haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to be devastated! They took so long, I feel like its a piece of art lol.

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh, how gorgeous!! :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look amazing! Im really not talented when it comes to nail painting - really want to give this a go though

    sophisticatexx.blogspot.com

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as you've got a sponge it should be fine :) It's not the hardest nail art I've tried yet, but its near-ish the top lol.

      Delete
  9. Awesome, I've been wanting to do galaxy nails for ages, but I never actually do it. Now that I got reminded again, I might give it a shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving this design, another one to add to the 'try out' list for me! haha.

    Its always a sad moment when your nail design chips and you feel you have to remove the whole lot! :(

    Laura xx
    http://laurasallmadeupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, thats the point when I have to scour the web for a new nail art to try lol.

      Delete
  11. That design is so eyecatching. Definitely worth trying out. x

    http://glitterandcatwalk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you so much for checking out my blog! these nails are AWESOME!

    http://theparisianpout.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your nails turned out great. One of the prettiest galaxy manicures I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. woooaaah! this is like the coolest thing i've seen all day -- no joke! love 'em!

    -alexandra
    http://alexisinodak.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous !
    I was planning to do these galaxy nails myself anytime soon (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Let me know when you do and I'll definitely check them out!

      Delete
  16. So fun! This technique is on my list to try but no idea when I'll manage to get around to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks amazing! I have just discovered your blog and have started following.

    Laura
    whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. They're super pretty! I always fail at galaxy nails lol, v jealous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous nails :) I'm really poo at nail art haha, this looks a bit too tricky for me but they look really pretty :)
    Love Holz oxo
    http://beautifulsimplicity-holziepink.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks so cool! I'm rubbish at nail art, I always make such a mess aha!

    Grace x

    littlefashionstudent.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, they look so good! I've tried galaxy nail art in the past and I obviously didn't use the right technique! Love them! Given you a follow as I love your blog!

    Sam xx
    knockoutcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for the compliment on my page sweetie :) I love your rendition too! It looks a lot neater than mine haha

    xx,diamondinrouge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete