Saturday 25 August 2012

August Haul: Clynol, The Body Shop, & E.L.F.

In my line of work (that sounds dodgy... My job is completely normal, I promise) I get paid weekly rather than monthly, and I also get cash in hand. Now this is both good and bad for someone like me. On the plus side, as a serial online shopper, I will actually have to drag myself to the bank to deposit my wages in order to spend them online - something I rarely have the time/energy to do, and so my online shopping urges are most often curbed. Also a good thing, it always feels like I'm getting paid! When I'm working 6 days and 40 hours a week, on my one day off I usually just pick up my wages from the previous week, making it seem like all I'm doing is getting money! On the negative side, I now have a lot of cash burning a hole in my pocket, and have taken more to buying in-store, rather than online.

This is the product of me suddenly having more money than usual.

Clynol Revive Shampoo and Caress Split Ends for dry/damaged hair, The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner, Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator, Nutriganics Smoothing Night Cream, and Hemp Foot Protector, E.L.F. Mineral Booster, Complexion Perfection, Matte Finish Nail Polish, and nail polishes in shades 'Clear', 'White' and 'Smokin' Hot', eyes lips face, immediate public relations, immediate pr

Clynol
Revive Shampoo and Caress Split Ends for dry/damaged hair:
As you can see from the picture, I was sent these products with compliments from Immediate Public Relations. They recently asked their followers on Twitter if any bloggers would be interested in trialling some Clynol haircare products for review purpose. They selected 5 people and I was lucky enough to be one of the recipients! I was very impressed when I opened the package, as both products were sent in full-sized bottles rather than the sample sizes that I expected, and they also tailored the products to my dry/damaged hair type after asking what hair type I was.

The Body Shop
Seaweed Clarifying Toner, Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator, Nutriganics Smoothing Night Cream, and Hemp Foot Protector:
I actually only intended to buy another toner when I wandered into the shop, but it turns out that The Body Shop were having a 3 for 2 promotion on all facial and skincare products, so of course I had to indulge myself in that. Now, I ended up with 4 products because I brought up the Hemp Foot Protector to the till and the sales assistant told me that it wasn't included in the deal (sob). I couldn't part with it as my poor feet are in need of some serious TLC, so I just picked up the Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator - I was getting it for free so it didn't really matter, right?

E.L.F.
Mineral Booster, Complexion Perfection, Matte Finish Nail Polish, and nail polishes in shades 'Clear', 'White' and 'Smokin' Hot':
Now, again I didn't actually intend to buy any of these products. E.L.F. were recently doing a promotion for their Facebook fans where they released a 30% off code, and I am nothing if not a sucker for promotions. I was in need of all the polishes as my current ones were running low, and I'd heard a lot about the Mineral Booster and Complexion Perfection, so I finally decided to stop reading reviews and actually buy them myself! I will review all products at a later date, but I do have to say that I'm already a bit disappointed with the Mineral Booster and Complexion Perfection as neither product come with any applicator brushes/sponges, so now I'll have to go and buy 2 more. I wasn't expecting expensive accompanying brushes, but as 2 products that can't be applied (easily or efficiently) with fingers, I was expecting *something*.

I will review all these products in-depth later, and most probably individually, so keep your eyes out for these products in future posts!







4 comments:

  1. I really want to try the Seaweed clarifying toner, sounds great :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well-written. I'm looking forward to reading your in-depth reviews!

    xoxo
    Elle Michele
    anthonyelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sound really good, thank you so much sharing!

    I have a giveaway right now, join if you want to! :)
    http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.hu/2012/08/giveaway-win-50-coupon-from-efoxcity.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna try out that toner!

    ReplyDelete