Tuesday 28 August 2012

The Body Shop Hemp Foot Protector: A Review

I bought this product completely on a whim as I had suddenly decided to give my feet a bit of much needed TLC for the first time in 20 years, and I trusted The Body Shop with the fate of my feet's softness. After buying it however, I saw Essie Button raving about it in one of her Empties videos, so this product was solidified in my mind as a good choice!

the body shop, love your body card, hemp foor protector, hemp moisturiser, hemp, the body shop hemp foot protector

First off, I feel that I should admit that I didn't actually want to buy this product to begin with. I much preferred the smell of the peppermint foot cream, but my boyfriend's aversion to anything peppermint pushed me towards buying this one. I have to say, the smell isn't entirely inviting, but these are feet we're dealing with - the furthest away a body part could probably get from your nose, so for that sake I can get past the smell. 

The cream is very thick and dense, something I instantly liked. I took to drowning my feet in this product and then putting a pair of fluffy socks on to hold it all in, overnight or over a period of 2 hours or so. I was expecting to have to wait a week or so to see some real results, but I was amazed to notice a difference after just one day; bear in mind that I was applying this cream twice a day, and very generously might I add. There wasn't an overly dramatic change - the clock had not been magically reversed on my  feet's age, but they were already noticeably softer. I shan't go into details about the 'hard skin' and whatnot on feet as lets face it, no one likes to talk in-depth about feet, but let me just tell you, if you're looking for your dream foot cream, this is it.

If you can get past the slightly stale smell of hemp, I cannot recommend this product highly enough. Get it online or in-store for £10 per 100ml. 




9 comments:

  1. This sounds really good, i'm in need of a good foot cream and I think I will have to get this! Thanks for the great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do, it's absolutely saved my poor feet!

      Delete
  2. I definitely need something like this! My poor feet need a lot of TLC with all the walking I do in work x

    http://melissaknowsbest.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same as, I'm on my feet all day - wreaks absolute havoc on my feet!

      Delete
  3. A must-have for summer!!...would be nice if I could get a foot massage from my Hub as well...but really...I have more chance of a Yeti sitting on Clifton Beach coming up to me and offering me a pedicure, and a MaiTai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried to get my boyf to give my feet a little rub too aha seen as he made me get the hemp one over peppermint!

      Delete
  4. Hmm my feet really need some TLC, i always neglect them, i might try this :0

    Sophierosehearts, currently having an 100 follower giveaway! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a really good read, I think we all need to give our feet some TLC some time or another. Great post! x

    thisishearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete