Sunday 7 October 2012

E.L.F. Mineral Booster: A Review

I mentioned in my August Haul post that I had recently taken advantage of a very generous E.L.F. offer, and bought myself a number of things. One of these products was the large Mineral Booster facial powder (£5) in shade 'sheer', as I had seen many incredible reviews from beauty bloggers across the internet. With regards to day-to-day make up, I usually opt for my Maybelline or Garnier BB Cream, which are very good, but tend to leave a shine finish, so I bought this product to combat that.




When I first opened the package, I was initially disappointed with the product as it doesn't come with any means of applying it. I hadn't anticipated this, and as a girl who has never used setting powder before, I also had to go out and buy a powder brush before I could use it. However, now I am over that minor setback, I cannot sing this product's praises enough. It is incredibly sheer, so at no point have I ever experienced the unwanted chalky finish, and although the product looks incredibly pigmented in the pot, it actually goes on to be completely translucent. It doesn't push your make up to look over-done, it simply absorbs the shine to leave a matte finish on the face.

With this product I have been using the Real Techniques powder brush (review post on that soon!) which I absolutely adore, so of course my amazing results with this product could also be partly down to it being applied with an incredible brush!



Have you tried this product? How did you get on?









5 comments:

  1. great review, i really wan to try this now!:)

    http://laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds lovely, think I might have to check it out next time I make an ELF order :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried this, but it sounds great and affordable too :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried anything from ELF. I really like the real techniques powder brush.

    Laura
    www.whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried ELF powders but I usually buy their nail polishes for they are so amazing. I am interested in trying this out since I have a MAC brush that I can use with it.

    ReplyDelete