Sunday 16 September 2012

E.L.F.'s Complexion Perfection: A Review

This product is something that I had been incredibly excited about since it was released on E.L.F.'s website. It is a powder compact of four colours: yellow (to cancel any purple tones), blue (to cancel any orange tones), green (to cancel red tones), and pink (to brighten up any grey tones). Through some intense blog reading, I found out that you can use this product one of two ways; either dipping a powder brush into the entire product, and using a mixture of all four colours on the entire face, or using one colour at a time and targeting specific areas.

elf, elf make up, eyes lips face, e.l.f., complexion perfection, highlighter, eye brightener, reduce redness, cancel out red tones, red tones, purple tones, grey tones, face powder, setting powder

elf, elf make up, eyes lips face, e.l.f., complexion perfection, highlighter, eye brightener, reduce redness, cancel out red tones, red tones, purple tones, grey tones, face powder, setting powder

After trying out both techniques, I've settled on targeting specific areas with one colour at a time, as because I already use a setting powder, when this powder is also put over the top, it creates an altogether unwanted chalky effect. The colours are incredibly sheer, so you can't see that you've put bright green powder over a spot, but they do effectively work to cancel out unwanted colours. The product doesn't come with an applicator brush, and I have taken to simply applying it to the target areas with the tip of my ring finger.

elf, elf make up, eyes lips face, e.l.f., complexion perfection, highlighter, eye brightener, reduce redness, cancel out red tones, red tones, purple tones, grey tones, face powder, setting powder
From left to right: pink, green, blue, yellow.
So far I have only had a need for the yellow and green colours, to cancel out under-eye bags and spot redness. This is by no means a miracle product, but it does what it claims to - just maybe not to the jaw-dropping standard I was expecting. E.L.F.'s Complexion Perfection retails at £3.75 on their website.



Have you tired this product? What were your thoughts?






8 comments:

  1. Ooh this sounds interesting, i will have to give it a go!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to tru this for the green!:)

    laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's the main one I use it for too!

      Delete
  3. This looks scary to me but I'm glad it's worked for you :)
    Hollie x
    cremedeletoile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to do a lot of internet research on how to use it!

      Delete
  4. Ohh i hate this product. Make me look chalky and overly powdery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes my face chalky if I use all of the colours at once, but if I just use one at a time on specific areas it works just fine :)

      Delete