Monday 5 November 2012

Pearl Drops Beauty Sleep: A Review

As an average human, my teeth don't quite have that Hollywood glean that I sometimes desire, and as an average human with a student loan and just a weekend job, I can't afford that Hollywood smile just yet. In the mean time however, I have decided to opt for the high street alternative, and try Pearl Drops Beauty Sleep serum. 

pearl drops, whitening toothpaste, teeth whitening, hollywood smile, white teeth, yellow teeth, how to whiten teethm home teeth whitening kits, pearl drops beauty sleep serum, pearl drops daily shine toothpaste, blanx, dentist whitening, cheap, high street, superdrug, boots, asda

pearl drops, whitening toothpaste, teeth whitening, hollywood smile, white teeth, yellow teeth, how to whiten teethm home teeth whitening kits, pearl drops beauty sleep serum, pearl drops daily shine toothpaste, blanx, dentist whitening, cheap, high street, superdrug, boots, asda
Pearl Drops Beauty Sleep Serum (20ml): Asda £2
I had previously used the Pearl Drops Daily Shine toothpaste as I managed to snag it for something ridiculous like 40p in a Superdrug sale, but after that ran out I didn't fancy paying more than double the price for the same product again, so I did some browsing. This particular product caught my eye as it's an overnight serum that you rub onto your teeth and gums, and then just leave it to do it's magic. The words "overnight" and "serum" automatically convinced my little brain that it should be good, so I bought it without hesitation.

Once I got it home and tried it out though, I wasn't so sure about it. The product comes out as a pearlescent gel, and the packaging instructs you to rub it onto your teeth and gums with your finger, and leave on for at least 30 minutes, but ideally overnight; I've been opting for the overnight option. As far as the quality of the product goes, I don't like it. Once applied, the gel has a very strange drying effect, which makes it feel like you've just rubbed chalk over your teeth - not at all pleasant. The product also didn't come with any kind of retainer, nor does it instruct you to use one, but I'd definitely say to get your hands on one for trying this out as the drying effect (which I presume is meant to stop it from easily rubbing off) also induces the mouth to water, creating an altogether very unpleasant contrast of very dry teeth and a very wet mouth. 

I've not noticed any changes in the shade of my teeth after a week of use, but I don't expect any obvious changes until I've used it for at least another week so I guess we'll see about that side of things!



Have you used this product before, or something similar? What were your opinions of it?





8 comments:

  1. I've read a couple of reviews on this and nobody seems to be too impressed. I don't think I'll bother wasting the money on it! I guess we cab just hope to win the lottery one day and get my teeth whitened professionally :)

    Laura x
    http://laurasallmadeupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so disappointed with it, and now it just puts me off using it because it feels so gross in your mouth!

      Delete
  2. I'm also looking for a high street teeth whitening gel/serum anything to make my teeth appear a little more white. I did actually buy the pearl drops daily on saturday as out of all the pearl drops, it was the cheapest so thought it wasnt a big deal if it didn't work/i didnt like it. I will see how it goes so if you find anything you like that works I would love to know x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you get on with your one, I'm always looking to make my teeth a bit whiter so I'm definitely not going to give up at this product. I don't think I'll be using it any more though, it leaves such a horrible feel in your mouth!

      Delete
  3. Hi Charlotte ;) See what I did there,
    hahah. Did this work for you or did you give up? I'd love to know.
    Erica xo

    Pearl Drops Beauty Sleep

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice blog..
    follow each other???
    http://fashionwithfitness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been using this for 2 weeks and i would deffo recommend it my teeth are whiter and they usual bleed a lot but since using this my gums are so much better have to admit its an odd feeling when on but it's worth it

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds uncomfortable using the product all night. I use strips instead from Stella white, only thirty minutes each day :)

    ReplyDelete