Thursday 8 November 2012

Autumn NOTD: Models Own

In my 10 Day Beauty Challenge: Day 4 post I mentioned this polish (Models Own 'Thunder and Lightening') as one of three nail polishes that I regret buying. From the title, I pictured a rich, deep black polish with silver micro glitter, but as I bought this online, I was quite disappointed with what actually came through my door.

models own, thunder and lightening, models own motel rocks, motel nail polish, nail polish, nail varnish, miro glitter nail polish, holo nail polish, holographic nail polish, models own nail polish review, autumn nails, autumn nail polish colours, autumn look, autumn colours, autumn fashion, seche vite, top coat, gel top coat, fast drying top coat 

models own, thunder and lightening, models own motel rocks, motel nail polish, nail polish, nail varnish, miro glitter nail polish, holo nail polish, holographic nail polish, models own nail polish review, autumn nails, autumn nail polish colours, autumn look, autumn colours, autumn fashion, seche vite, top coat, gel top coat, fast drying top coat

The polish itself is actually a rich, chocolate brown colour - one I definitely wouldn't have chosen from an in-store display. I am also quite disappointed with the polish as it is so sheer. Here I show you what one, two and three coats of the polish look like. From the results I would have liked to put on another coat, but I hate putting on more than three layers of nail varnish!

models own, thunder and lightening, models own motel rocks, motel nail polish, nail polish, nail varnish, miro glitter nail polish, holo nail polish, holographic nail polish, models own nail polish review, autumn nails, autumn nail polish colours, autumn look, autumn colours, autumn fashion, seche vite, top coat, gel top coat, fast drying top coat
One coat applied, no base coat.
models own, thunder and lightening, models own motel rocks, motel nail polish, nail polish, nail varnish, miro glitter nail polish, holo nail polish, holographic nail polish, models own nail polish review, autumn nails, autumn nail polish colours, autumn look, autumn colours, autumn fashion, seche vite, top coat, gel top coat, fast drying top coat
Two coats applied.
models own, thunder and lightening, models own motel rocks, motel nail polish, nail polish, nail varnish, miro glitter nail polish, holo nail polish, holographic nail polish, models own nail polish review, autumn nails, autumn nail polish colours, autumn look, autumn colours, autumn fashion, seche vite, top coat, gel top coat, fast drying top coat
Three coats applied.
models own, thunder and lightening, models own motel rocks, motel nail polish, nail polish, nail varnish, miro glitter nail polish, holo nail polish, holographic nail polish, models own nail polish review, autumn nails, autumn nail polish colours, autumn look, autumn colours, autumn fashion, seche vite, top coat, gel top coat, fast drying top coat, brown nail polish, nail polish on asian girl
Three coats of Models Own 'Thunder and Lightening' with a top coat (Seche Vite).
At £5 I didn't find this product too disappointing for the price, but after hearing such great reviews from others about Models Own polishes I did expect more. Although the formula was so sheer, it was very smooth and didn't clump in the slightest, so I guess it's not all bad!




What do you think? Maybe I'm just being too fussy!









3 comments:

  1. Nice Autumn colour. Have you tried a similar shade underneath applied normally then this over the top? It may not look as sheer then and a but better? That's what I usually do if I have a polish which is shimmery but sheer:) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks to be a really gorgeous colour, but I was quite shocked when I scrolled down to see how sheer it comes out! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! I super love it. Love the color and the glitters on it. I usually prefer nail polishes with glitters for they are long lasting. i will definitely grab one of this...

    ReplyDelete